Sunday, March 29, 2009

The Olympic Training Center

On Saturday we got up bright and early to travel to Colorado Springs for a friend's baptism. After the baptism and yummy lunch we went to the Olympic Training Center. There are so many great things to do in C.S., but most are outside and it was just too cold to spend the day outdoors.



We had a great time learning about how Olympians train and seeing the facilities. It is amazing how much money goes in to the training of these athletes (all from private funds. did you know that?). Since my hopes of having an olympic swimmer have been dashed by my children's complete lack of interest in doing so, I was very interested to see all of the other sports they can still compete in (bowling???).
I love how happy my boys are with most anything we do. They are always up for something new. When I asked them to rate the trip from yawnfest to totally awesome, they both did not hesitate to shout, "Totally Awesome!"

3 comments:

Judy Stohl said...

Wow - it looks like you had a really fun day! What are you sitting in - a car or sled? It is way cool. I love the picture where you are pretending to get the medals and you on the olympic rings. I am impressed with all the fun things you have done on your time off track! Have fun at school tomorrow!
Grandma Judy

Cammi said...

What a fun experience! You have had a BUSY time off track! Doing lots of fun things. You lucky boys! I'm glad you learned so many neat things about athletes. Which sport do you want to do?

Dennis said...

Did you figure out how to get skinny at the training center. I already know how, I just don't have any willpower.

Did you and Laynie give the boys ribbons cause they made it to the podium.

Grandpa Stohl