Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Jacob is a poet!


(Jacob received his wolf badge last week-- Yeah Jacob!)

Jacob's teacher (who is amazing!) published a book of poetry written by Jacob and his classmates. Jacob has not put it down since he brought it home from school. He is very proud of the fact that he is now a "published author". Here are two of his poems:

Jacob Stohl

I am cool and funny
I wonder how space works
I hear kids yelling
I see the school
I want a four wheeler
I am cool and funny

I pretend I am a dog
I feel smart
I touch the table
I worry about tornadoes
I cry for my dad
I am cool and funny

I understand my homework
I say I'm cool
I dream that I am a Veterinarian
I am cool and funny

Thankful
I am thankful for many things in my life (my brain, my heart, and my sister).
Most of all school.
I am fortunate that I have all the things I need to live a happy life.
I want to end the war.
I strive to make good choices.
I will do the best I can to read a 315 page book.
I know that I can stop pollution.
Because of me school is an exciting place.
I am thankful and always will be because I love myself.
Seriously, is he a good boy or what ?!!!

4 comments:

Judy Stohl said...

Wow Jacob - you are great at poetry. I loved all your thoughts you put into your poems. You are so talented! You are definately ready to turn "9"!!!!
I love and miss you! Grandma Judy

tookiecramer said...

Those are awesome! Are you guys worried about those self esteem issues? How funny. Does he get this talent for writing from you or from Kelly. Pretty cute...

Bright-Mom said...

Not just a poet...a modest poet! I love it Jacob, keep up the awesome writing! I'll keep looking for your books at Barnes and Noble!

Cammi said...

Jacoby & Meyers - I love your poems! They describe you so well! I love how you are able to put your thoughts into poetry so easily. You inspired Reilly to try and write a few poems last night. Her poems only had 3 lines but she had fun! Grandma and Grandpa have a picture of your Daddy in his scout uniform at your age and it looks so much like you! I need to have Grandpa scan it and email it to you. You are handsome! Congratulations on getting your new badge, rank what do they call it?

LOVE YOU AND MISS YOU and I am so excited that it is ALMOST your birthday. YAHOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!