Thursday, March 26, 2009

The Last Two Weeks!

Wow! The last few weeks have been very busy and a lot of fun! This is the first track off time in a long while that we have not taken a trip. So, we have tried to keep busy doing fun things around town. Here is what we have been up to:

We celebrated St. Patrick's Day (with the cutest girl dressed in green!),
had a couple of crazy Family Home Evening lessons (this was Jacob as Samson),



And, remember how I said I would never coach Jacob's Destination Imagination team ever again? Well, of course, I just couldn't say no! We have kept very busy practicing for the competition. Ryan participated on a Rising Star Team (non-competitive) and, Jacob's team placed third in the district competition. Yipee! Which means that we now get to keep practicing twice a week to prepare for the state competition in April (do you like how I am trying to keep a positive attitude!).



We also went to an amazing park, had friends over to play, made a trip to the science museum, checked out many books and movies at the library, and met Kelly for lunch,

and the boys went to a very cool art class.


Ryan practiced soccer (the coach as scheduled practice three times a week to get the boys in shape!) and Jacob had his Pinewood Derby (he didn't win and was very upset. He told me he had never lost before and did not know what to do about it. Poor guy!).
Whew! We only a few more days left and we still have a trip to Colorado Springs, sledding and more D.I. practice to go!

5 comments:

Judy Stohl said...

You guys have been so busy on your off-track time. Laynie - you are growing up too fast! I love reading your blog even if it makes me lonesome for all of you!

Anonymous said...

Jacob, I don't remember your Uncle Marc, Uncle Jason or Uncle Jess ever winning when they raced their cars, but they had fun. We were just excited if they made it to end of the track. Love the hair. Glad you both are having fun with your D.I. groups.
Miss you, Grandma

Heaps Crew said...

Tell Jacob, if it makes him feel better, Smith took 15th place out of 16 boys in our Pine Wood Derby. It was a sad night in our home and Corey was out of town. I don't know if I can endure six more of those!

You always inspire me with all the fun things you plan for your kids. I have to be sure not to let my kids near your blog or they will feel jipped!

lorelie said...

I love being able to READ what's happening in your life as well are hearing about it from you on the phone! You did far more than you let on over your track off time. You are amazing! I want to know where that cool park is!!!

Dennis said...

Jacob...I thought you looked a little more like Delilah than Samson. Sorry...You looked strong like Samson though.

One time when your Dad was racing his pinewood derby car, we found out after he lost that we it went faster backwards then the right way. One time the Carriers just put wheels on the block of wood and took second place.

We are proud of you and love to hear about all your achievments. Did you remember that finderceller slopped her dripper again?

Love Grandpa Stohl