Sunday, March 8, 2009

Jacob's 9!



Jacob turned nine years old yesterday! We had so much fun celebrating. On Friday, Kelly and I brought cake to share with his class. It was twin day, and since he and Ryan have so many of the same clothes, they decided to dress alike (Ryan wanted to take a picture without his glasses on so he could look even more like Jacob).


On Saturday he opened all of his presents, played with friends, had pizza and cake at Olive Garden and spent his birthday money at Toys R Us.




Today, he asked for Cap'n Crunch Chicken Nuggets, french fries, corn on the cob, and of course cake, for dinner. We thought Laynie would have fun eating cake and she seemed to at first, but by the end she was pulling out her hair and crying. Hopefully she will enjoy it more on her birthday!

We love Jacob so much. He is kind, generous, funny, and very handsome! He is a great big brother. He is especially aware of those who have special needs. There is a girl in Jacob's class who he walks to ILC. He helps her with her backpack and makes sure she finds her parents afterschool. He is aware of how blessed he is and wants to bless the lives of others as well. We are so glad he is a part of our family!

9 comments:

Judy Stohl said...

Jacob - you are the coolest dude!! It sounds like you had a great birthday and are still celebrating today - you are one lucky boy. I miss you! Grandma Judy

Judy Stohl said...

Ryan - where are your glasses? I love your smile - I just want to give you a big hug and kiss. I miss you! Grandma Judy

Judy Stohl said...

Now there are more pictures and I have to comment again!!! Angie - the cake is perfect - great job! Laynie is so cute even with messy hair. I can't believe she didn't like the cake. Cammi and I were laughing about Jacob's first birthday and his cute cakes that changed his life forever!! I love hearing Laynie talking tonight - she is growing up too fast. Jacob and Ryan - you are both so handsome. I miss you! Grandma Judy

Cammi said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY! That looks like such a fun birthday weekend! You are so lucky! I'm glad you were able to celebrate with your class, too. That is fun. Your cake was AWESOME! I love it. Your mom should be on the "Ace of Cakes" show! (You wouldn't know about that because your parents deprive you of cable!! HA!) I'm glad you had a great birthday. I can't believe you are NINE YEARS OLD ALREADY! Thanks for being such a great kid!

Ryan and Laynie - you look so cute, too! Ryan, I love your mohawk hair - you are super handsome like David Beckham with that hairdo! I'm excited for your birthday coming up! Laynie Lynne - you only have a couple of months before you get your cake so you better like it! Your crazy hair was funny! You're so cute! Miss you all!

Jason and Layna said...

Happy Birthday! We wish we could be there to celebrate with you. Jacob you are such a great example. I think your cake looks great. Wish me luck on mine.

jksfam said...

Happy 9th birthday to an awsome boy!!! It was fun to see you on Friday! I'm telling you, that girl of yours is SO DARN CUTE!!!

Brandi and Shawn said...

Hi Guys. I can't believe Jacob is 9 already. The kids are getting so big. Looks like he had an awesome birthday. Laynie is adorable. Miss you guys.

Jennie said...

Happy birthday Jacob! I can't believe how big you are getting. You are practically a missionary! I love you guys!

Heaps Crew said...

Happy Birthday, Jacob! You are one talented kid...already playing the guitar and a poet, too.

p.s. I love Laynie's little pig tails