Friday, August 1, 2008

The Worst Day . . .

Tragedy has struck the Stohl house! The boys were up at 6AM just to confirm that the "worst day of my entire life" was really here. Can you imagine anything worse than the "cable fairy" coming and shutting off your cable? Well apparently there is nothing worse! Bring on a tornado, tsunami or earthquake. We have now made it through the worst and are prepared for anything!


After the following conversation with Ryan I decided enough was enough and it was time to be rid of cable television once and for all:

Mom: Ryan, you are not allowed to watch real people shows. Only cartoons.
Ryan: This is a cartoon.
Mom: Ryan, that is not a cartoon. There are real people on that show.
Ryan: It is a cartoon!
Mom: Ryan, cartoons are drawn with crayons. Those are real people!
Ryan: But Mom, it is a cartoon. Those people are just drawn with real crayons!

How do you argue with logic like that!
So, much to everyone's despair (you should have seen Kelly's tears!), we are now without cable and free to enjoy one another's company, uninteruppted, 24 hours a day. Lucky us!

7 comments:

jksfam said...

What pitiful faces! No plans for that at our house, but I should definitely enforce a few more limits... Lazy mom, I know.

Jennie said...

They look a little sad-- and seem to think its a little funny too... :) We've been without for 18 months now-- and can't say we miss it-- expecially with free digital TV over the air. I just miss HGTV and have to go over to grandmas for a fix every now and then.... :)

Judy Stohl said...

You are so brave - I would love a home without a TV! That will never happen here. Jacob and Ryan - do you need grandma to send you some new games to play? Maybe you can help mom clean and cook more! Love you!

Cammi said...

OH MY GOSH. How can you turn off cable when all of the election coverage is about to begin?! We never had cable when we lived in LA (THREE YEARS!) and I had to have my friend videotape the 24/7 coverage of the Lewinsky scandal for me. I believe that Satellite and TiVO is imperative to sustain life! I know there is a lot of junk on TV, but Angie, MY LIFE ON THE D-LIST?! The Mexico show was HIGHLARIOUS! How can you live without? Project Runway?! ANGIE! You are brave to do it - make sure you keep us updated on all the worthwhile things you guys are doing now that you don't have TV. I'm jealous of your GOOD CHOICES! Wish I had the discipline!

Jason and Layna said...

Welcome to our life! Seriously you will now understand the importance of a good set of rabbit ears!

yawningdog said...

I am willing to admit to my addiction to TV. There is just no way I am going to cut the umbilical!

Jessica said...

I love this post! Your boys are so much fun. Love the logic!

We're cable-free too. Let's join hands.