Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Ryan Takes a Fall . . . Again!

After a gentle reprimand by our Stake President for not having attended the temple since before Laynie was born, I decided I would go early Saturday morning. I thought that if I went early enough I could return before things got going around my house. Boy was I wrong! This is what I returned home to:

Ryan fell going up the stairs (who would of thought it was possible) and hit his cheek on the windowsill. He was bleeding both outside and inside his mouth! Apparently he laid where he had fallen for quite a while before someone (his FATHER!) decided to go and see why he was upset. So, this is what the carpet now looks like (after two different carpet cleaners and much scrubbing):


Does anyone have a suggestion for getting blood out of carpet?
And, in case a picture of bloody carpet is not what you were hoping to see, here is a much nicer (and cuter) image:

She is getting so big! She is crying a lot less and smiling a lot more. I love watching the boys make her smile and laugh. She is so much fun!

9 comments:

Lindsay said...

Well Angie, I haven't been to the Temple since we moved here...and before that I can't even remember. So good for you--even though you came home to a bloody mess.

Jason and Layna said...

Ryan I am so sorry about your accident, but tell your mom the picture of the blood is GROSS! Laynie looks so cute, I want you guys to come visit right now! She looks so big. She isn't going to remember me.

Cammi said...

KELLY!!!!!!!!!!!!!! How could he bleed that much before you got to him? Wasn't he screaming? Oh my! RyRy, I'm so sorry you have such a big injury. (What are you going to tell CPS when they come knocking on the door?!) I hope it feels better soon. You are a tough guy!

Laynie is ADOYABLE, as always. LOVE the dress. So glad it fits now. Post a photo of her EVERY DAY.

Try SPOT SHOT. It's in the household cleaner aisle. One time we had Baby Tylenol stained into our carpet - we tried EVERYTHING and it would not come out. A friend suggested SHOT SPOT and it worked! Good luck!

Cammi

Jennie said...

Poor Kid! Our magical solution is Simple Green. Sometimes its with the household cleaners, but Walmart keeps it in the automotive department. It gets out blood and other mystery spots (Like spilled paint in the carpet! Arggg.) We Curleys use it on the laundry too. :)

Love you guys!

yawningdog said...

I like Simple Green, also. It does a great job on the dog kennel, but for blood, try some hydrogen peroxide.

Unknown said...

Ouch! I saw that his face was bandaged on Sunday but I didn't get a chance to ask him about his war wound. Poor kiddo! For the carpet, have you tried OxiClean? You might also try hot water and straight rubbing alcohol.

Oh, and I couldn't go to the Temple while I was pregnant. I literally could not sit through a session because I had to go to the bathroom so often! I was NOT about to be the person they had to hold up the session for so I could go potty! Then after Maren was born I was nursing and couldn't leave her long enough to drive all the way over and back and do a session. I think I did manage to do initiatories once while PG, those are much shorter!

yawningdog said...

I'm Catholic, and our services are short in comparison to yours, and I couldn't get through a whole mass without leaving to pee at least once.

Father Ed might have been bothered, but God invented the third trimester and I think He doesn't mind.

Kayla said...

i'm quite impressed with you. I have a 'no third trimester and no nursing baby' temple rule. guess i'd better get going.....

i hope you got the blood out.....

Judy Stohl said...

Dear Ryan:

Ouch!!! That might have hurt. I am sorry for your cheek.

Love Reilly