Sunday, August 24, 2008

HAPPY ANNIVERSARY!

Today is our 12 year anniversary! Who would have thought we would make it this far (and if you know us well enough, you also know how true this statement is!) In our case it is absolutely true what they say, opposites do attract. I am so lucky to be married to Kelly. Here are 12 reasons why I am glad we have made it this far: (with help from the boys)

1. He knows how to fix everything.
2. He doesn't spend time worrying about things we cannot change.
3. He can build the best Lego creations. He is also a champion "roll the ball" player.
4. He loves his children and especially enjoys spending time with them (even running at 6am just to help the boys burn some energy before school and believe me this is a sacrifice because he is not a morning person!).
5. He is a crazy dancer and loves to embarrass mom by dancing in public!
6. He loves to go fishing, geocaching and camping (and will take the boys all by himself since mom doesn't like any of those things!)
7. He is a hard worker. He has even worked three jobs at one time to support his family!
8. He tells the funniest jokes and stories (at least Jacob thinks so!). He loves to make us laugh!
9. He is a friend to everyone he meets.
10. He honors his priesthood.
11. He will eat anything I cook for him, and always tells me I am the best cook (even when the only thing that turned out for our first meal together was the cake! Thank goodness it has only been uphill since then!).
12. He loves us and forgives us for all our faults. And, he never holds a grudge! He is patient and kind, and only wants the best for each of us!


Happy Anniversary!

2 comments:

Judy Stohl said...

I think you are both very special and could make a long list of things I like about each of you. I can't believe it has been 12 years - congratuations!

Heaps Crew said...

Happy Anniversary! I think you two make a great couple. Your kids are lucky you are both such devoted parents. My kids keep asking when we can go to Denver. They are quite sure they are the only kids in their school who haven't been...they may be right! We'll have to plan a trip out.