Friday, August 22, 2008

Fire Station

As a requirement for Jacob's Wolf Badge we visited the Fire Station with a few friends. It was a good reminder to us mom's that we really do need to have a plan in place in case of a fire, or any emergency for that matter. When one of the Firemen asked how we would call 9-1-1 if we were awaken in the middle of the night to a fire, Jacob said he would just "pull out the cell phone from my pocket and make the call". First, Jacob does not have a cell phone, and second, if he did would he really sleep with it in his pocket (not to mention his PJs don't even have pockets!)?

The boys loved trying on the gear, "driving" the ambulance, and meeting all of the Firemen.
I think Laynie looks especially pleased with her first glimpse of "men in uniform"!

3 comments:

Cammi said...

Cool, Jacob and Ryan! I love that big coat, Ryan. Jacob - quick thinking with the cell phone comment. I think you will be really helpful in a crisis because you are smart and you think quickly! I was just thinking the other day about having a fire plan for our house. Thanks for the reminder. I don't think C&R know how to even open the window in their room?! Do you have one of those ladders that you can hang over the window and climb out of the second story? YOU NEED ONE. Of course I had one in L.A. - Ms. Worse Case Scenario would not be without one. You can find them at Target. Get one! For each room!

I want to say that Laynie looks like Kelly and I as babies but whenever I say that, she starts to look like a Sitterud again so I'm just going to stay mum. (But she does!) She looks so alert and adorable in this photo! Love her!

Judy Stohl said...

What a fun outing! Jacob - you are learning a lot in Cub Scouts. Ryan, you look very professional in your fire coat.
Laynie - you are growing up too fast and what is with you not crying in your carseat - yeah! Laynie looks so much like Kelly and Cammi in this picture but some days she has lots of Sitterud in there also. She is just a good mix and adorable.
How many days until Disneyland?????

Kayla said...

that baby of yours is just so darn cute!