Tuesday, August 5, 2008

A Small Miracle


While Laynie is absolutely adorable, has the cutest smile and has many other redeemable qualities, she does lack in a certain area. SHE WILL NOT SLEEP! I spend most of my day, feeding her, getting her to sleep, putting her in her crib, running around for 10 minutes getting work done, calming her down from her crying fit, patting her back, putting her back in her crib, running around for 10 minutes and it goes on and on. So, when a kind friend offered her swing to me, I jumped at the chance to see if Laynie would like it. While she will not just sit in it and enjoy life when she is awake, if I have her asleep and put her in the swing, she will stay there for up to two hours! It truly is a miracle! I know she can't do this forever, but for the time being, HALLELUJAH!

8 comments:

jksfam said...

That's so great!!! I can't imagine what you've been going through, but I'm sure it hasn't been fun. My kids were pretty good sleepers - but when they weren't... NO FUN!!! I hope it continues for a while and then a new trick comes to light!

Judy Stohl said...

Sounds like a great idea. Could she be any more adorable? She is growing so fast. We are excited to see her next month.

Cammi said...

Laynie Lynne! She looks SO cute in her little swing. I can't believe she is still not sleeping well! I hope she didn't get that gene from my dad and I - we are TERRIBLE sleepers. I was a bad sleeper as a baby and I never grew out of it! Maybe she'll hit the four month mark and her colic will disappear and she'll take big naps and sleep all night long! Until then, SLEEP when she sleeps and leave the chores for Kelly when he gets home!

LuAnn said...

Angie. Not sure if you remember me, but this is an old coworker of Kelly's. I check your blog occasionally because I've always thought your boys are so cute and now Laynie! But I just wanted to make sure you've gotten your hands on Happiest Baby on the Block. My babies weren't colicky, but it was a lifesaver nonetheless. I'd be surprised if you haven't read it since it is all the rage lately with colic, but I just wanted to make sure. Best, LuAnn

Jason and Layna said...

Hello you need to get that book! She looks so happy and peaceful laying there.

Cammi said...

P.S. Love the blanket behind Laynie in the swing!

yawningdog said...

I am starting to remember those days. I believe I had blocked out most of my son's baby days - oh, the horror of it all. The swing was my life saver as well.

Hold on, remember that I had a terrible baby and a lovely toddler, no terrible twos for him. As Lisa used to say, "He turned into such a nice young man. It is like he is a whole new kid!"

Jessica said...

I also have a firm testimony of the baby swing. I'm so glad you found something that works! She is adorable.