Thursday, May 1, 2008

My Love Affair with . . .

HAIR GEL! I know it may sound crazy, but even more than I love hairspray for my own hair, I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE hair gel for my boys! It's a good thing that they are so cooperative because I absolutely will not let them leave the house with out their hair gelled perfectly in place. That is why I suffered a serious breakdown when they stopped selling my favorite gel at Walmart. It took me many years to find the perfect gel and I couldn't believe that they would just stop selling it. To make a long (and boring to anyone but me) story short, after searching every store and pharmacy I passed over the last few weeks, I finally found the gel on the internet. Kelly told me it would be insane to order more than three bottles at a time (I definitely do not agree!), and when it came in the mail today, I felt such a sense of relief! So, you can all rest easier knowing my boys will once again look super cute with their perfectly styled hair (at least for then next month!).

8 comments:

Lindsay said...

Now I know your secret!

Jason and Layna said...

I have seen you with your hairspray, no way that you love that stuff more! I tried that gel once on Jackson and I think I am still trying to wash it out of his hair.

Ras Family said...

Your boys do always look so put together!! Now we all know why, that and the fact that you guys are great parents!!!
Mindy

yawningdog said...

Hair Gel!

Oh My Gosh, it is a good day if my kids even leave the house with their hair combed!

Kayla said...

no wonder your (and your kids) hair alwyas looks great. I admire your perserverance. I once had a FAV spray gel, that I could only find at Walmart. One day they stopped selling it and I was DEVASTATED. I've missed it for years. I wish I had searched harder to find it.....

Cammi said...

I'm still using GOT TO BE GLUED for Carter - you recommended it several years ago. It works great but it seriously like GLUE. I'll have to try your new recommendation!
p.s. post photos of some of the cute clothes you've received for the baby!!

Unknown said...

That gel is some serious stuff! When Jacob and Ryan were over while Layne was being born, I helped the boys with their gel.

I spiked Ryan's hair first and by accident got too much for his hair. Isaac was the close at hand so I used the extra on his hair. I walked away for 10 seconds to rinse my hands. It was immovable!

Isaac even commented after his shower that evening that the gel was no longer in his hair.

We just get the generic brand of gel and Isaac's hair is usually messed up by the time he comes home from school.

Unknown said...

Trust me--I don't think you're at all crazy! The same thing happened with my favorite lip balm that I am completely addicted to. I checked every store I could find around here and came up empty-handed. I finally found it online and bought 2 huge boxes--something like 30 tubes! I heard a rumor that it's going to be discontinued, so maybe I need to buy more for my food storage. Forget wheat and powdered milk--if the Apocalypse comes and I don't have any chapstick, I'm going to wish I was dead anyway! LOL