Friday, May 16, 2008

Laynie Comes Home!


Laynie came home from the hospital Thursday. We are so excited to finally have her home with us! She is doing really well. Our biggest challenge is having to wake her up every three hours so that she can try to breastfeed, we can feed her a bottle and then I can pump. The whole process takes about an hour and a half, which means an hour and a half later it is time to start the whole ordeal over again. It takes up most of our day which is why . . .

I am so glad to have my mom here with us! When I called her to tell her Laynie was coming, she did not hesitate. In fact she was in Colorado less than four hours later! She has been such an amazing help. The boys love having her here, and in fact, like it better when Kelly and I are not! She amazes Kelly every day with her ability to have the clothes you wore that day washed, dried, and folded on our dresser before we go to bed that night. She has even offered to take the boys back with her to Utah in June so that they can have a fun summer vacation before they start back to school the first week of July. Thank you Mom, for all of your help. We love and appreciate you!

5 comments:

Jason and Layna said...

I am so glad taht Laynie is home, now can you send mom back. We need her here!

Cammi said...

LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE the chubby cheeks. She looks SO tiny in that car seat. I think that is the outfit I bought for her? It looked SO TINY that I almost didn't buy it but it looks SO BIG on her in the photo! She's so cute, you guys. We're so happy for you!

Ras Family said...

Mom's are the Best!!!!

Judy Stohl said...

Laynie looks to tiny in her car seat. Thank you Pat for all your hard work and for being a great mom and grandma. We appreciate all you have done to help.

yawningdog said...

Grandma's are amazing. After my son spent his 10 days in the hospital, my mom flew out and took care of all 4 of us. Then she few home and took my, then 2 year old, daughter for 3 weeks. That is what every mom needs, time with just the baby.


And take it from me, BREAK that every 3 hour schedule as soon as humanly possible. I remind you that my son stayed with his doctor prescribed 'wake up every 2 hours' schedule until he was almost 3 years old.