Friday, January 29, 2010

SURPRISE!

Last weekend we flew to California to surprise Kelly's parents. We had not seen them in 16 months so we were thrilled to have the opportunity to go. We flew to California and then rode in a limousine to Kelly's parents home. I am still not sure which Jacob enjoyed more, surprising his grandparents or riding in the limousine!

While there we were able to catch up with one of Kelly's brothers and also his sister and their families who came for the weekend as well. We stayed with my brother and his family which made the weekend even more special for me. We ate lots of delicious food (I still think Judy had to have guessed we were coming. She had so much food that we didn't even have to go shopping once we arrived!), had a birthday dinner for Judy in a yummy Italian restaurant and spent lots of time playing with the cousins. Laynie was a perfect angel despite no naps and Ryan kept saying, "this was the best weekend of his entire life!"
Here are a few of my favorite pictures from our trip:

Ryan and his cousin loved playing Star Wars,

Laynie getting too much attention,

Laynie with Grandpa Dennis,

Judy's fun party,

Kelly with his family,

wishing Judy Happy Birthday,

and having all of the grand kids together!

4 comments:

Judy Stohl said...

These pictures make me so lonesome for you. It was a wonderful weekend. I could not believe it when you were at the door. It was a great surprise. I should have guessed something was up when Cammi said she wanted certain foods when they came for the weekend. She never thinks about food! I wouldn't call tacos, hot dogs and spaghetti very great food. Thanks for making the effort to come and giving me a wonderful birthday. Miss you all!

Jason and Layna said...

You guys are pretty fancy riding in a limo! I am glad taht you guys had such a geat weekend.

lorelie said...

What a wonderful surprise - family reunion and all! Can't believe the limo. That's so cool! The boys were telling me all about it. I'm so glad that the kids got to spend time with that side of the family and have "the best weekend of their entire life!"

Cammi said...

SO MUCH FUN. I'm so glad Laynie Lynne loves me...even if it is because I bribe her. Why must she love Lance more? ARGH! The kids had so much fun. We miss you already! Come back soon! Love you lots!