Friday, January 8, 2010

Christmas

We were able to go to my parent's home for Christmas again this year. We had a great time doing all our usual Christmas-y things and spending time with my family. We decorated Gingerbread houses, played in the snow, and went to see the lights at Temple Square.



Laynie spent most of her time sitting in her Grandpa's lap. Anyone who knows Laynie will understand how unusual it is for her to want to be near anyone but me. She spent most of our vacation chasing after him yelling "Bapa!" and asking for "beans" from his jelly bean dispenser.

Part of Laynie's Christmas presents was a bunny from Build a Bear. This was not exactly her favorite gift! She looked distressed the entire time we were in the store and still wants nothing to do with her bunny!

On Christmas Eve the kids performed their annual "Nativity Scene". Jacob was Joseph, Ryan was a wise man, Laynie was an Angel and Kelly was the stable (a good job for him, don't you think?!).


I love the joy and surprise in my children's eyes on Christmas morning. This year was no exception. Ryan kept shouting, "You've got to be kidding me!" and Jacob exclaimed that this was "the best Christmas ever!". Laynie was even happy with her toys and showed us with her trademark wink. What a great Christmas!




3 comments:

Judy Stohl said...

These pictures are so cute they almost made me cry! You are all growing up so fast. Looks like your Christmas was great! Miss you!

lorelie said...

I love Laynie's wink at the end! That one need to be cropped, blown up and hung on the wall!!!!

Kayla said...

love the wink picture, adorable.

and the build a bear pic cracks me up. my girls would have freaked out at that age. i was nervous taking briar a few weeks ago, but she's older and did fine. someday....

an that pic of lanie with her grandpa is soooo adorable.