Sunday, October 19, 2008

A Trip to the Pumpkin Patch

I could show you pictures of us making these cute Halloween shirts, the boys marching in the Homecoming Parade, and Laynie eating rice cereal for the first time, but instead I gave our camera a little dip in the washing machine. Several weeks ago, while trying to multi task, I brought down a load of laundry with my camera on top. A few minutes after I had the laundry going I remembered my camera, and found it in the spin cycle! By the time we rescued it water was literally dripping from every crevice! Now it is being repaired and in the meantime, life is still moving on (with only a disposable camera to capture the moments with).
Thankfully, a good friend took pity on me and loaned me her old camera for the weekend. We visited Berry Patch Farms . . .

where the boys played Marimbas,

picked raspberries,
ran through a hay maze,

went on a hayride and chose pumpkins.
When we came home, we made smoothies with our raspberries,

and Laynie tried a little more rice cereal (yum yum!). The boys and Laynie are wearing the Halloween shirts we tie dyed for Family Night a few weeks ago (another Family Fun Magazine project which looked alot easier than it actually was!).

And finally, here is the Fall wreath I made for our front door. I saw a similiar one created just for Halloween and decided to create one that could last all season long. This was such an easy and inexpensive project (and I think it turned out pretty cute!)

5 comments:

Jason and Layna said...

i love that first picture of the kids, and your wreath. I hope you get your camera back soon. I think I was as sick as you were about it.

Unknown said...

A place to go pick raspberries? I think I need to hear more about this farm! Raspberries are my favorite fruit. :)

The shirts turned out cute. Nothing is ever as easy as it looks in those magazines, is it? It's so deceptive! And I LOVE the wreath! I just love the colors you used. The purple just makes everything else pop. I'm going to link to it on my blog tomorrow!

Kristy Graff said...

looks like fun! i love the wreath! i might have to try that!

Judy Stohl said...

I love the pictures - thanks for sharing. It looks like you had so much fun.

Heaps Crew said...

You amaze me! What a fun FHE idea, and I love the wreath! So sad about the camera, too. Drat!