Thursday, October 2, 2008

One Last Trip






(Cammi, Jacob wanted me to take a picture of him holding Laynie on the four wheeler just to scare you. I promise he did not actually take her on a ride!)


Well, we decided we had not done nearly enough during our "track off" so we made a quick trip to Utah to spend the weekend at my parent's cabin. The weather was perfect and the leaves had turned the most amazing colors. We went on lots of walks, rode the four wheelers, and ate our favorite cabin foods: Mountain Dew Chicken (thanks, Brandi!) and s'mores.


On our way home from the cabin, we stopped at my grandma's house. I have the most amazing grandma, and the boys absolutely love spending time with her. She spoils them rotten and will not let me tell them "no". What's not to love?




While there, we picked bags and bags of apples, peaches and plums. So hopefully my next post will be about all of the canning we have done (or, if not, how we are dealing with the smell of rotting fruit in our house!)

6 comments:

Lindsay said...

I love that picture of Jacob on the road with the leaves!!

Cammi said...

The leaves look beautiful! I love the photo of Jacob on the road with the gorgeous orange leaves behind him. RyRy, I love the photo of you chomping smores!
JACOB CLYDE - DO NOT SCARE ME LIKE THAT with putting my little namesake on that death machine! Have you not seen the big huge scar on your daddy's leg from riding one of those things?! SCARY! It looks like you had fun, though. Thanks (or NOT!) for playing that silly joke on me!
Miss you guys!
Cammi

Jason and Layna said...

I am so glad that you guys decided to drive out here for the weekend. Good thing you will have a couple of months before you have to make the trek again.

Kayla said...

ah, happy happy fall. i'm loving it, especially today!

Anonymous said...

Hey Angie, It looks like you picked the perfect weekend to come for a visit. The kids look so cute..growing up soo fast. That's a long drive for just he weekend. We would have loved to see you guys. Maybe another trip. Love Brandi

yawningdog said...

If you are having a problem with those little black fruit flies...I have a suggestion, but it will mean buying some wine. Get a cheap red and pour it into a small glass, a half an inch will do. Leave it along side your fruit bowl and they will drown, happily, but still dead. Change it every morning.

Found this out by chance, I poured wine for myself and my husband and he was really late. Lucky I looked in his glass before we had dinner. Yum, floaters!

I don't drink anymore, but my parents keep bringing us bottles, so I have ammo for this year's pears.