Friday, October 31, 2008

Happy Halloween!


On Thursday we had our last swimming lesson. In my quest to turn my children into the next Micheal Phelps I put them back into swimming lessons. I could not find lessons at the same time, so we have spent an hour and a half at the pool every Tuesday and Thursday for the last month. It has about done me (and Laynie) in, so needless to say, I have decided that my boys will have to find other ways to become Olympic Gold Medalists because I did not sign them up for the next session of lessons!


And, in preparation for Halloween we finally carved our pumpkins.


They carved the pumpkins all by themselves this year and did a great job!

And now on to Halloween!

Although the kids where not able to celebrate Halloween at school, Jacob's teacher held a fun luncheon today. Lots and lots of food (and sugar) to start the day out right!

This is my attempt at a scary Halloween dinner. It was supposed to be a mummy, but Jacob thought it looked like Frankenstein in bandages and Kelly thought it was a Skeleton. At least I get an A for effort, right?

Finally, here are the kids in their costumes. Laynie dressed up as Minnie Mouse for the Monster Mash, but it seemed like a lot of effort for tonight so tonight she just wore her pumpkin shirt instead.

Here are the boys trying to scare the trick or treaters! Ryan did win an award for the scariest costume at our school's Monster Mash last Friday! We had a great day and hope that you did too!



P.S. I know to some of you it may sound like no fun, but for us, our solution to the Halloween Candy is a life saver. The boys get to eat candy on Halloween night and then the day after they "sell" their bag of candy to us for $10.00 (it is great having children who think $10.00 is a small fortune!). They get to buy a toy and we don't have to deal with the sugar induced craziness that usually follows Halloween!

4 comments:

Jason and Layna said...

They look great. Next year I think you should do a scooby doo theme for the whole family.

Dennis said...

Those Pumkins look great Jacob and Ryan. Did Laynie carve on too?

Great Costumes boys. When we talk on either skype or on the phone, you will have to tell Grandpa what kind of an animal you are Jacob.

Who is that scary looking, very white dude next to you Jacot? He looks kinda pale. You would scare me Ryan if you came to my door in that outfit.

I bought the candy, put it in our special Haloween candy basket and only 5 tricker treaters came to ask for candy. The last little girls received a lot of candy.

I miss you guys...Let's skype tomorrow ok...Grandpa Dennis

Judy Stohl said...

I love the pumpkins and the costumes. Laynie is growing so fast. Does she rule the house yet? Angie - I really like the mummy - is it made out of bread? Wow - $10 for candy. That is a good deal. Our internet is working now so Skype me tomorrow. I love and miss you! Grandma Judy

Cammi said...

Love you guys! $10 is A LOT OF MONEY! You should teach them that $2 is a lot of money! I guess Jacob is getting too old to be fooled.

The costumes are AWESOME! Jacob, cool Scooby Doo! Ryan, you are SO SCARY! Did you get a picture of Laynie in her Minnie Mouse? If not, you better put her back in it and take a photo! We have to see it!

Miss you guys!

Skype us!

P.S. Jackson is a genius. See Layna's post today.