Saturday, March 1, 2008

Jacob's 8th Birthday Party


For Jacob's 8th birthday party the boys became pirates!

I decided the best birthday party for a large group of boys (and especially for me!) would be one that was held outside. So, we gave the boys their first clue to their pirate scavenger hunt in our backyard and then they went around the neighborhood to find the rest of the clues.




Along with each clue the boys received a pirate accessory. It was fun to watch them become more and more "piratey" as the hunt progressed. The treasure at the end of the hunt was a treasure chest pinata. We filled it with so much candy that it only took one hit for it to fall to the ground and break open (I didn't even make it outside in time to take pictures).


Jacob had a great 8th birthday. The day was beautiful (70 degrees, can you believe it?) and the boys had a great time running around the neighborhood and becoming pirates!

Happy Birthday Jacob!

3 comments:

Kayla said...

oh my goodness! will you help me plan my girls' parties! sooo cute!

Cammi said...

HOLY COW, MATEYS! That is an AWESOME party, Jacob. Did you have SO MUCH fun? Call us after school today so you can give us ALL THE DETAILS. You guys looked so cool once you had all your pirate stuff on! I can't believe your clues were all over the neighborhood?! That's crazy! It looks like your friends had a very fun time! I loved all the photos! Rock on, Mr. Almost 8 Year Old!!

Jason and Layna said...

I love it. I am glad that I have such a creative sister who can help me do just about everything. I am glad that it all turned out, especially the weather!