Tuesday, June 9, 2009

My Worst Nightmare Came True!

The following was written by Jacob:

There was a tornado in Aurora on Sunday. We were in church having Fast Sunday when brother Giles came in and said, "There is a tornado close to the church." Then our bishop said, "Go to the hall." My brother and my dad got to go see it but I didn't. It was a couple of yards away! I was freaked out. When it passed we went home early and looked at the news and Southlands Mall by our house was a wreck. Our Home Teacher took this picture out his back window:

And this is how big the hail was in our front yard:


Can you believe we survived our first tornado????????????

5 comments:

Dennis said...

Jacob...way to go...I have never even seen a tornado. Were you really scared. Were you sad that you didn't have to stay to church the whole time? Grandpa can't even remember what time church starts in Califonria.

Did the hail make a lot of noise when it hit the church roof? Pretty scary if you ask me. Way to be brave!!!

Judy Stohl said...

Wow - Jacob! That looks a little scary to me. No wonder your heart was pounding so hard. I wrote it down in my journal so we can all remember it when you are older. Miss you!

tookiecramer said...

That picture is crazy! I though about your family when I saw this story on the news. Wow! Now you can say you have lived through a tornado - that is awesome. I'm glad everyone is OK.

Linda said...

Wow! That is so crazy! I am glad you guys are ok!

Anonymous said...

What an exciting time you are having in CO. Just the thought of a tonado makes me nervous. Jacob you look really handsome and old in the picture of you holding the hail. See you soon.
Love Grandma Pat