Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Jacob, the Baseball Player!



A friend of mine took these great pictures of Jacob at his baseball game on Saturday. It is amazing that she did not take one of him ducking for cover or stepping away from the ball since that is how he spends most of the game! It is understandable though. This is his first year of player pitch and he has been hit several times, very hard! He has figured out that if he walks, he still gets to make it to first base and then has a chance to run without the fear of being hit by the ball. We have bribed him with money if he would just swing the bat a couple of times during a game, but that hasn't worked. Hopefully we won't have to follow through on our latest threat to sell his new bat on Craigslist if he doesn't make good use of it.
He does look so grown up out there on the field!
We will let you know how the next few games go.

5 comments:

Judy Stohl said...

Jacob - you look so grown up in your "cool" baseball outfit that it almost made me cry. I would duck if the ball was coming at me also but I bet you can really slug it if you connect.

Jason and Layna said...

Who is that kid? Serioulsy when did your kids get so old? He looks so cute in his uniform.

Cammi said...

Jacob - You look like a real MLB player! I had no idea your uniform had YOUR NAME ON IT?! That rocks! You look so cool. I love it!

No fun getting hit with the ball. I'd be hesitant,too!

yawningdog said...

I just finished my first season of baseball as the MOM. Much tougher gig than I expected.

My son got hit by far more balls than he ever swung at. Included a direct hit to the head. I was impressed that he would even get back up to bat each time.

He did finally get a hit, his one and only for the season, but it was great. Everyone, his teammates, the crowd, his coaches, all made a huge fuss over him. He was so happy.

So, tell Jacob for me what I was shouting at my son, "Whack it before it whacks you!"

Jennie said...

Wow! Porter will be jealous! Jacob looks so good in his uniform-- just like a real ball player. Hey-- I walk too if I can get the team another run!