Monday, February 2, 2009

Jacob, The Wise

I have constant anxiety about so many things. In particular the economy and for the many people who have recently lost their jobs. This morning I was reminding Kelly to keep up on his paperwork and make sure he worked hard so that he did not lose his job. Jacob turned to me and said (and I quote . . .) "Mom, Jesus speaks to your heart and Satan speaks to your head. When you feel doubt it is because you are listening to your head and not to your heart. Satan knows he can put doubt in your head. You need to trust in Jesus."
If only I could be so wise!

5 comments:

jksfam said...

He is so wise!!! What a great kid!

Judy Stohl said...

Jacob - you are so wise!! Where did you learn that statement? When I read your blog, I get lonesome for you!! It will soon be your birthday. We had so much fun on your birthday last year. Keep being wise!!

Anonymous said...

Jacob what a great comment, you are so smart, you keep reminding your mom of that saying. WE loved playing the piano, I going to get a music in this family yet. Loved Laynie's hair.
Love Grandma Pat

Heaps Crew said...

Wow, Jacob. That is so profound. Are you sure you are only eight? What a good boy!

Cammi said...

Somebody is certainly paying lots of attention at primary and at home evening! You're a smarty-pants, Jacob! Love you. Miss you.