Monday, January 19, 2009

Our Talented Kids

Jacob had his first piano recital on Saturday. He did such a great job! He has a very talented (and very patient) piano teacher. She taught her students how to introduce their piano pieces as well as how to bow when they were finished. When it was Jacob turn he quickly walked to the piano while introducing his piece. He was so relieved when finished that his bow was very big and very dramatic!

And . . . Laynie learned a new trick! Not only is she sitting up by herself, but she claps as well! Can you believe Kelly and I have such talented kids? We are very proud!

7 comments:

Judy Stohl said...

Jacob - great job at your recital!! You are so talented. I am very proud of you. And you look so handsome in your suit!!
Laynie - you are adorable and so smart. When did you learn to sit up by yourself. Becca and Mallory told me all about watching you clap - they were so excited.
Ryan - you are adorable no matter what you do!!

Cammi said...

DUDE!aka..Jacob - YOUR MUSIC PIECE WAS LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOONG! How did you do that without looking at the music?! YOU ROCK THE HOUSE! I hope I get to see you play in person soon!

And Laynie, you are ADVANCED! C&R didn't clap until they were a year! You are so cute! I LOVE YOU!

Kayla said...

ah, you flatter me so! But, Jacob did do well and I was quite proud of him. Remind me some other time to give you my spiel about the non-clapping bows....ugh. I'm still upset about the whole thing!

Way to go Jacob, can't wait to start teaching again!

Jason and Layna said...

Jacob you did awesome and you look so good in your suit! We miss you guys hurry and come see us.

yawningdog said...

And I was impressed with my baby mastering Peek-A-Boo this week. There is just nothing holding these girls back, is there.

Bright-Mom said...

I just showed Kate and asked her if she remembered Jacob. She didn't, but as soon as he satrted playing the piano she says, "Ohhh, he plays the piano!" Kind of like, now I am interested! Little seeds of romance! Little seeds! :) I wanted to see the bow! I love recitals...but they can be torture! :)

Heaps Crew said...

Jacob looked so handsome and so composed in his recital. First guitar and now piano...what a kid! I will have to show this one to Sarah. She will surely be impressed.