Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Layna and Cammi Lynne


This picture is priceless to us. Kelly and I are so blessed to have the most wonderful sisters. We did not even have to go through a list of names to decide what to name our little girl. From the moment I learned I was pregnant, I knew exactly what her name would be. It was not a name I had thought of before I was pregnant, but I just knew that Laynie Lynne was what her name should be. Despite the fact that I think it sounds a little like the name of a Country Western Singer, we love it and hope that she can live up to the legacy of her name.


Here is why the name is so special to us:

Layna is my best friend. I love her because she is fun, funny (at least I think so!), a great mom, and such a good listener. We talk on the phone several times a day and never run out of things to talk about. She is extremely loyal, and I know she will always be on my side.

When I asked Kelly why he loves Cammi (Lynne) so much here is what he said: She is my only sister and she has always taken care of me. Despite her overwhelming health problems, she does not focus on herself. She has always wanted the best for me. I hope that Laynie is organized, beautiful, and fun just like her.

It meant so much to us that Cammi came to Utah for Laynie's blessing. We know that this was not easy for her to do. We feel blessed to have her in our life and pray for her each day.

4 comments:

Jason and Layna said...

That was really sweet. I love Laynie so much, and am so glad I got to meet her. Next time can you not put a picture of me right next to Cammi, I look HUGE!

Heaps Crew said...

7:00 am is no excuse! We will take you guys any time we can get you guy. Seriously though, all of my email addresses have vanished from my computer...yikes...so here is my contact info:
(970)314-7733
704 Tranquil Trail
Grand Junction, CO 81507
heaps7@bresnan.net

We would love to see Kelly. Let us know when he's coming!

Cammi said...

So sweet. I loved meeting Laynie Lynne this weekend. What a joy. She is so beautiful. Thank you also for the kind words - far too generous and I'm undeserving of most of them - but, thank you. One part is for sure, though, I do ALWAYS want the best for you guys. Love you lots!

Judy Stohl said...

Three wonderful girls!