Thursday, April 24, 2008

Ryan is Six Years Old!

We are so excited that Ryan is turning six years old! He is such a sweet, kind and generous boy. He is quick to show love and forgiveness. He does have a bit of a temper (and a Grandpa Clyde vein in his forehead to prove it!), but it doesn't show very often. Ryan has a great sense of humor and loves to laugh. Here are a few pictures to show how Ryan has grown in the last six years.

This was one of the first pictures I received of Ryan after he was born. I did not get to see him in person until he was 24 hours old, and this picture was not the most comforting of images!


This is a picture of Ryan shortly before he came home from the hospital.


What a change, huh? Ryan grew and grew his first year. His first birthday cake was a pig, and as you can tell he enjoyed every bit of it!

2 years old

3 years old

4 years old

Ryan's first day of kindergarten (five years old)

HAPPY BIRTHDAY RYAN!


6 comments:

Jason and Layna said...

Happy Birthday Ryan!! We love you and hope you have a great day.

Judy Stohl said...

Ryan - you have the most perfect face - I love it! It was fun to sing to you this morning. We miss you. You have grown up into a wonderful six year old. Happy Birthday!

Cammi said...

Ryan,
Looking at your pictures makes me want to jump through the screen and kiss those cute cheeks to pieces! I love your sweet face. Perfection. Thanks for being such a wonderful boy!
HAPPY BIRTHDAY! We love you!

Judy Stohl said...

Happy Birthday Ryan...are you really six years old? I can't believe it. Hope you had a great birthday and got lots of presents. We love you...Grandpa Stohl

yawningdog said...

Oh My Gosh!

I saw that first picture and thought you had your baby.

Ryan's story reminds me of my son. he was way too early. When they first showed him to me, he was so tiny, very purple and of course, covered in yuck. My first thought was 'Kid you don't look so good.' Mind you, there was a bit of morphine involved in his delivery. When I got to see him a bit later in the nursery with all the wires and tape; I though 'You looked better before.'

I can laugh about it now because he is next to me being a squirmy worm waiting for his turn on the computer.

Anonymous said...

Ryan I love seeing how much you have grown, you are a great young man. It makes me sad to see you when you were so very tiny.
You have a great smile, make sure you smile all the time.
Love Grandma S.