Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Barnes and Noble Performance


Jacob, Ryan and their good sport dad performed on their guitars at Barnes and Noble on Saturday. I wish I had known what was going to happen because Jacob had written a whole routine and I missed recording most of it. I guess, maybe, I should let them out of the bedroom when they are practicing, but I just don't think I can handle the noise! Jacob introduced each of them (He was the lead guitarist, of course!) and then started in on challenging Kelly to play different scales on his guitar. Here is what I did record:


Ryan loves to play his bongos. He hasn't quite gotten the idea of a steady beat down, but that doesn't stop him from playing his little heart out! Even though he gets nervous, Ryan told me that the key to performing in front of an audience is to just keep your head down and pretend like no one is watching. I am so impressed that both Jacob and Ryan will perform in front of an audience, I could NEVER do that!

Ryan had a bongo solo in this song (notice their hair- they did their own hair "rocker" style for the performance!):

5 comments:

Judy Stohl said...

I loved your performance - I wanted to see the whole thing!! Maybe you can Skype us and play it for us. You are all great performers and I love your hair!! Jacob and Ryan - did you know you dad always wanted to be in a rock band? You have fulfilled his dream. Laynie - why were you not up there dancing and singing? Angie, do I need to give you an instrument for Christmas so you can be in the band (ha! ha!)

Jason and Layna said...

You guys are awesome, does you band have a name? I want to be a groupie

Cammi said...

AWESOME, DUDES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Jennie said...

What a talented Bunch! Keep it up!

YouHaveHowMany? said...

That's awesome! How did you get set up with Barnes and Noble?