Wednesday, August 12, 2009

What We've Been Up To . . .

We've had a busy couple of months. Kelly and I have been preparing for my preschool which is starting next week. I am so excited! It has been fun to go through all of my First Grade files to see what will work for preschoolers. I am also amazed by all of the great ideas on the Internet. So many fun things!






Kelly made a table around the edge of the room. He also framed a chalkboard and hung boards for an art display area. He even had to put a box around our playground so we could fill it with bark (part of the licensing requirements). It has been a lot of work, but I think well worth it. I can't wait to get started!




The kids and I also made a visit to the zoo while Kelly was in Utah. Laynie was an angel (very unexpected!). She stayed in her stroller the whole time and even fell asleep in it. Jacob told me I had to take a picture of her because it was a once in a lifetime event!




On Saturday, we went swimming and bike riding. The swimming was a lot of fun, but unfortunately, Jacob and Ryan crashed into one another while riding their bikes. Ryan landed on his wrist and broke it! This is what it looks like today:

As soon as the swelling goes down he will have a cast put on it. He is not having much fun trying to keep it elevated. He is constantly saying, "I forgot!" and apologizing (sooo Ryan!). Hopefully it will heal quickly. Poor Guy!

7 comments:

Judy Stohl said...

I love the preschool - looks so fun. Wish I was there for the first day.
The zoo and swimming looks so fun. Jacob - you look like you are a big helper.
Ryan - so sad about your arm but you are still so adorable.
Laynie - you are such a big girl. Way to give them a surprise once in a while and sleep!
Miss you all!

Anonymous said...

Loved the school room, hope the kids will think its cool so they will stay in it. Looks like you had fun at the zoo (sorry I missed the zoo, ha, ha) and swimming. Ryan, we are so sorry about your wrist, I know it hurts and it isn't fun. I am looking forward to September when we both will feel better and we can do fun things.
Grandma Pat

Jason and Layna said...

I love the room, it looks so good. I would send my child there if I could! Ryans hand looks so sad. I hope it heals fast. I think that is the first broken bone anyone of us has had.

Amy said...

Those polka dots and crayons look awesome! You must have an amazing vinyl person to do such cool things for you!
I'm sorry about Ryan's hand. Poor kid. At least summer is pretty much over so he doesn't have to suffer the entire summer with a cast. Oh and be careful, casts tend to STINK especially if he gets it wet. If he keeps it dry it shouldn't stink but man, I've smelled some pretty nasty ones and you don't want that!

Linda said...

Wow, that preschool looks amazing! Good luck! That sounds like fun!

Unknown said...

What a cute preschool set-up! I love the bright colors. Those green stools are darling!

Cammi said...

Martha, Martha, the preschool looks AWESOME! I want to be a student there! So cute! When is the first day?

You are a fun mom with the zoo, swimming, etc. Gees! Laynie is darling in her swimsuit with wet hair!

RyRy - your broken wrist makes me sad. You know your Aunt Cammi is sweeter than your Daddy and I would have believed you that it hurt really badly! I'm glad you are so brave. Did you get lots of cool signatures on your cast? Have your Mom post a photo of your real cast!

Jacob - did you go off track yet? Do you like 4th grade?

Love you guys!