Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Laynie is ONE!

Here are a few more pictures from Laynie's birthday party. Truthfully, it wasn't much of a party. I was feeling badly about not doing something special, but Kelly reminded me that when the boys celebrated their first birthdays we lived by family and so we had a built in "party". It's not so easy to plan something spectacular when I am still recovering from the Book Fair (I am really never going to do that again!) and the boys have school, piano, homework, etc. I guess I am writing this so that someday when Laynie asks why Jacob had a scrapbook made just for his first birthday or why Ryan had an adorable pig cake she will know why I slapped a whole can of frosting on top of a circle of cake and found some old hats left over from Emerson's first birthday for the kids to wear to quickly celebrate before we had to move on to the next thing.
Irregardless of how we celebrated her first birthday, I hope Laynie always knows that she has changed our lives in so many ways, and all for the better. We love her to bits and have so much fun trying to make her smile and laugh. She loves to cuddle and give slobbery kisses. She still has no teeth although I have blamed all of her honery moods on teething for the past six months! She thinks Ryan is hilarious and loves to practice the piano with Jacob. We love her so much and think she is seriously the cutest little girl ever!

2 comments:

Judy Stohl said...

Laynie Lynne - I love your birthday present. Are you musical like Jacob? Miss you!

Heaps Crew said...

She really is just adorable! And, if it makes you feel better, for our third child's first birthday (which was one week after Christmas...yikes), I took some leftover brownies from the night before and stuck a votive candle in the middle of it! Viola! Sadly, that may not come as a surprise to you that I'd stoop to that level!

I can't believe it has already been a year! We really do need to meet this little lady.