Friday, July 16, 2010

Grandma's Funeral

My grandma passed away at the end of May and we attended her funeral the following week. I feel blessed to have had such an amazing grandma. One of our happiest memories of living in Price was having the opportunity to spend so much time with her. My boys grew to love her as much as I did and we were heartbroken at her passing. At my grandma's funeral I was asked to read a poem that she had written and also to share one of my favorite memories of her. This is the memory that I shared:

The last time we visited Grandma she pulled Ryan aside. She put her hands on his shoulders, looked him right in the eyes, and said, "Do you know how much I love you? Do you know how special you are? Do you know who else thinks you are special? Your Father in Heaven. He loves you so very much." This experience exemplifies all that I love about Grandma. She loved each of us and could see our greatest potential even when we could not. She wanted only the best for us and our confidence in ourselves grew as we spent time with her.

She was so happy for me when Laynie was born. She told me many times that she always knew I would have a little girl:

She truly was an amazing woman and will be missed.



Although it was a very quick trip, we were able to have all of the grand kids together for a few (too short!) hours. So, of course, we had to take a picture:


3 comments:

Judy Stohl said...

Your grandma was a very special lady! She always made everyone feel welcomed and loved.
Love the pictures of all the kids - all so cute and growing up so fast.

Anonymous said...

Thank you for writing about Grandma, it is her birthday this week. She was a good lady and we miss her.

lorelie said...

I'm so sorry. She was such a beautiful lady - on the inside and out. I'm sure you will miss her so much. It's wonderful that you and the kiddos have such great memories of her. In fact, you are a lot like her, Ang!